To qualify for a resident rate for hall rental, the renter must be a Markey Township resident and be renting the hall for his/her own use, his/her son, daughter, parents, or grandparents only. All other uses are considered to be used by nonresidents.
*Rental Fees require thirty(30) days before rental.
Due Upon time of reservation
*Refundable upon satisfactory inspection of hall after rental period
Rental Hall Agreement
1. To qualify for the resident’s rate for hall rental, the renter must be a Markey Township resident and be renting the hall for his/her son, daughter, parents, or grandparents. All other uses are considered to be uses by nonresidents. Renter must pay rental payment. No second party checks will be accepted.
2. Hall capacity is 227 persons and subject to state mandates. Renter is responsible for ensuring that the hall is cleaned and left in the same condition it was found when rented. After an inspection of the premises and hall, to ensure it is left in a clean, orderly condition with no loss of equipment, items or damages, the deposit will be refunded. To the extent that damage occurred, the deposit will be applied to repair or replace the damages. If the damages exceed the deposit, renter will be responsible for making payment sufficient to cure the full damage amount within 30 days. If the damages do not exceed the deposit, the remainder of the deposit will be returned.
Upon leaving the hall, the renter is responsible for making sure the hall is secured and that the lights are turned off. ________ initial.
3. Under no circumstances will the hall be rented to minors. Under no circumstances will the hall be rented for profit making purposes
where a cover or entrance fee is charged.
4. In the event the applicant has pending fines or caused damage from a previous rental, the facility will remain unavailable for rent to that applicant until all fines or damage money owing are paid in full to the township.
5. Keys will be provided to renters no earlier than twenty-four (24) hours before the rental date. Weekend renters must pick up the key at
Markey Township offices before 2:00 p.m. on Friday. To ensure return of rental deposit, keys are to be returned to Markey Township. When your event is over, place the key on the front counter or bring to the office the following business day.
6. Renter agrees to conduct his/her activities on Markey Township property so as not to endanger any person or property. Renter agrees to
indemnify Markey Township and hold Markey Township from and against all actions, suits, damages, judgments, costs, charges, expenses,
attorney fees, and consequences of any liabilities, of any nature, from events arising from renter’s use and possession of the hall and/or
Markey Township property, by renter, guests, or any third person and shall sign the attached release of claims.
7. Smoking is not permitted in the building. Absolutely no tacks, staples, or tape are to be used for fastening decorations to walls or ceilings.
Tape or 3M removable fasteners may be used to fasten decorations to tables but must be completely removed. Renter shall bag all
garbage and place on tile by front door, which includes picking up litter in the parking lot. If the kitchen, microwaves, and refrigerator are
not left clean, all or part of the deposit will be forfeited.
8. THERE IS ABSOLUTELY NO FIREWORKS ALLOWED ON PROPERTY AT ANY TIME. IF ANY FIREWORKS ARE FOUND, IT WILL RESULT IN THE
IMMEDIATE TERMINATION OF YOUR RENTAL AND FORFEITURE OF ALL MONEY PAID.
9. Renter agrees not to assign or in any manner transfer this agreement without the prior written consent of the Markey Township Board.
10. Renter is required and responsible for ensuring that before, during, and after the event, the building exits are clear and outdoor fire lanes
11. Renter acknowledges and agrees to fully comply with and abide by all local, state, and federal ordinances and laws and will see that
guests and third parties do likewise.
12. In the event that the renter misrepresents its intent, purpose, or the age demographic that is attending the event for which the hall is being
used, renter’s event shall be cancelled, this agreement deemed void, and all fees paid forfeited.
13. All youth events (under 21 years old) are required to have 10 to 1 ratio of adult chaperones. Failure to abide by this requirement will result
in the event being cancelled and all fees paid forfeited.
14. Renter is responsible for securing appropriate security at his or her own cost and expense. Renter is further responsible for controlling
admittance of guests to avoid the possibility of party crashers.
15. Markey Township will not and is not responsible for any loss of articles, or damage to any vehicle on the premises during the event. Renter
shall be solely responsible for such loss or damage and agrees to indemnify and hold harmless third parties arising out of such loss or
16. A security deposit of $50.00 is required. The rental fee will be waived for the use of te hall for funeral luncheons, dinners, and/or wakes, with a refundable security deposit of $50.00, if the deceased was a current or former resident of Markey township, owner of a grave site in Crestview Cemetery, an immediate family member of the deceased (mother, father, husband, wife, child, grandparent, grandchild) and the family requests use of the hall for said purpose. If the hall is already rented or scheduled for use, it cannot be made available to the family of the deceased for said function.
17. Cancellations should be made as soon as possible to the Markey Township Clerk. Cancellations at any time will receive a full refund of
18. Markey Township reserves the right to accept or reject any or all applications.
19. This agreement may not be modified or changed without the written consent of the Markey Township Board.
20. Renter agrees to not enter off-limits areas marked with “Employee Only” signs.